Thread: Driving HARD
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 06:41 PM
Service Advisor
longston in reply to your post about being 18 and driving a benz. My brother had his first benz an 85 190e at 17. At 18, he had a 1976 porsche 911s and at 24 he got his current car an 85 380SL.

When I was 16 I had an 83 GMC Jimmy K5. After that a 1980 MGB at 18. Then a 1989 jeep cherokee at 20 and at 25 I got my first benz.

Now when I was 16, the first car I drove when I got my license, and the car I drove to take the test, and my first time driving at night was in that 1985 190E my brother had.

When I was 18, I got to drive the porsche to school for the last week of school, and almost got expelled for zooming past the front of the school not once, but twice at 90 mph. - yes I know it wasn't safe thing to do, but I was young and stupid back then.

Of course coming to school in a different car every day that week didn't make the dean like me too much either hehe. That was back when my dad owned 10 cars - (but that included moms car, and brothers car and my car)

My father has always been a huge car fan. he loves his toysand is always on the lookout for more.

Some of the cars he has had were very exotic and rare, others were just really cool cars.

Many, Many years ago he had a lamborghini jalpa. really neat car, I was not even born at the time, but I have seen pictures of it.

BTW my dad is one of the only people I know that can shift a manual car without using the clutch and still didn't grind the gears. ehhe

out of the cars he has owned that I have gotten to drive, here is a list of my favorites - not in any order of preference.

1968 vette stingray convertible - 327, 4 speed hurst, weiand manifold, holley 4 barrel carb. thing was fast as hell. and a chick magnet.

1966 caddy deville convertible. - Need I say boat? hehe

1987 560SEL - great car, fast, beautiful, can't say enough about it.

1987 maserati biturbo spyder - sweet car, but really doesn't live up to its reputation as the poor mans ferrari. the car is more expensive to maintain it than it is to buy one.

1971 Jag E-type V-12. That thing could suck you into the seat and is a georgeous car.

1986 Jag XJS V12 Convertible - not the fastest accelerating car, but its one sexy smooth cat.

1983 Rolls Silver Spur - Beautiful car, and drives like a dream - but expensive to repair.

1994 SL600 - Need I say more? hehe ever wondered how quick you can get from 40 mph to 120 on sunset blvd? Well all I can say is DAMN QUICK! hehe

Now you would think that out of all those cars I have a favorite, and you are right. I still love that old E-type jag.

he still has the Rolls which he hardly drives now, and he spends most of the time in the SL60 which he loves tremendously.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.