View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 02:46 PM

You weren't nearly such a fan back in 2002

!On 04-01-2002 you posted this:
It seems that I'm experiencing nearly all of the shortcomings that these W124's have.

When Benzmac says he has replaced hundreds of mass air sensors on MB's (including these on new cars), you can put my car on that list.

When Benzmac says he has found that throttle actuators are a weak point on W124's, where the insulation on the wires disintegrates, you can put my car on that list.

You may also include on this list but certainly not limit yourself to: engine wiring harness, fuel pumps, brake rotors that warp prematurely and can't be turned, virtually every sensor in the car going bad, leaky head gasket, leaking power steering pump, spark plug wires w/ bad 'ends', plugged 'inlet pipes to the intake manifold', O2 sensors, catalytic converter, leaking axle seals, collapsed motor mounts, a/c blower fan failing, central door lock vacum pump failure, egr valves, random check engine light illumination with 'no codes' to speak of...

If I didn't tell you this was a Mercedes, and asked you to guess what car I am describing, what would your guess be?

Jaguar? Or for that matter anything from Great Britain?
Peugot?
Any car make that comes out of Italy?
Yugo? (a fully-loaded model).

Come on, be honest.

Anyway, that's pretty much how I have been feeling lately. I hope to be a big fan again someday.