Thread: junk yard dog
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 12:33 AM
scottydodah

junkyard dog!

The coverlay cover looks ok. Of course I was a little disappointed when it was just a hard plasic cover, I thought it might be a softer vinyl ?. I ordered the one with the leather grain, it does match very good. It fit very well also. However the hardest part was reinstalling the temp sensor, after the dash cover was installed. Pulling it up was simple, but it comes unpluged, & it drops down under the dash, (also has a plastic tee type fitting that the wire plug has to go thru, to plug in. Of cource I removed the under dash cover (under glove box), but hardly any access to plug. Finally I removed one of the dash vents,(in center, It twist off from the backside, then pulls out from the outside of the dash. I was able to get my hand thru the vent to finallly work the wire thru the plasic "do be careful", & feed it thru the hole in the dash, took over an hour. Now all I have to do is try to hook the rubber boot up to this vent from the backside, someday...I do not know an easier way, other than maybe removing the cover, (under the glove box), & get your hand up there to hold the wire plug, & push it up thru the dash while you unplug the plastic dash plug, (I would tie something to this wire assy., or ? to keep it out on the outside, sorry for the long thrd.
Regarding the location of the car, it is at wholesale auto wrecking,in Bellingham WA. I happen to know the owner so he did allow me to remove smy parts, however I don't think he will allow this for the public. I am quite happy with the dash cover, even though I am a perfectionist, its a hell of a lot better than all the cracks, would recommend it. Good luck.