View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 09:34 AM

David,
Idler arm bushings--the lower bushing just pulled right out which enabled me to use a screwdriver to pop the upper one out. Had that not been the case, seems like channel locks or vise grips would have been functional for pulling the lower. There was plenty of clearance to do the full job from underneath, but having a second person on the torque wrench helped.
Steering box--There is a little slop, was planning to do some searching and reading today on the adjustment. Thanks for the encouragement.
560 SEL--I like mine a lot. The hydropneumatic suspension adds a different dimension to the car versus the 420, but as long as the nitrogen spheres are not allowed to go bad or the fluid run dry, the struts are not prone to failure. A client of mine has a pair of 420's and is happy with them. After 2 and a half years and a lot of labor and parts, it's finally time to start on my interior. Recommendation to buy either would be with the caution to make sure you are willing to learn the car and work with her.