View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Zen And The Art Of Diesel

Quote:
Originally posted by rwthomas1
I looked into a Rostra electronic servo unit a while back for about $225. I have also seen the servo units in JCWhitney too. Any experience with them? How easy is the install of the vacuum unit? It is nice to know a simple $100 unit will work. I have a bad knee and can't drive long distances without cruise so I don't take the MB as much as I would like too. RT
I've never seen an aftermarket electric servo unit, I know they exist though, just no experence with them. I'd be curious to see one though.

The vacuum servo was not all that hard to install. I clamped the sheathing of the cable to the old electric servo actually, the little bell crank on the OEM servo pulls at is a good place to attach the cable as it seems to have some mechanical leverage designed into it. I have toyed with the idea of extending the lever a little to give the vac servo a little more leverage as well. I had previously installed a round vacuum sphere from a chevy truck underhood, and I think it's probibly going to be needed using the vac servo. I also have my door locks run off an SDL's electric pump so that's one less thing for my vacuum system to have to support. I have much experimenting to do, and photo takeing, but I got around to none of it today. Tomorrow I hope.