Sorry it took me 2 weeks to post my finding on the CC problem, but here is what I found. I used the test procedures Richard Wooldridge so kindly told me about, you can link on to them at: http://www.fix.net/~gdl/testproc.html.
It took about 15 minutes studying the print out and locating the componets which where to be tested. The most difficult componet to remove was located on the firewall by the foot brake. After testing as prescribed I decided that repairing the actuator and the amplifier was going to be cost prohibided for a 18 year old car. I need four new tires and lower ball joint more than I need an operation Cruise Control. Thanks to all for your responses.