View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 12:25 PM

Is it just a coincidence that the leak occurs on both sides - same area? The windshield seal had the MB logo on it - is it after market? The patch was for the area just under spring - where it attaches to body - had to take hood off to get at it - the drain is at least 5 inches in front of (forward end of car) - and goes to drain in wheel well. Is there another drain under that spring? When I (hanger) wire from under the wheel well - it is clean - water does come out freely when it is applied from edge of windshield - it just seems that there is water getting through on the (edge going up) sides on windshield. When I apply water at bottom corner of glass - no leak - when I apply water about 4" up the side - leaks. The black moulding that goes up the sides (sort of a continued "gutter" that goes all the way down the side of the car on the roof) has screws (3 each) that hold it in place - I found 1 each of these screws in the drain area - I know that they are from the moulding because they match the others - and were replaced with oddball screws ( one long, one short) The replacements were metal - (magnet could pick up) the originals could not be picked up with magnets. I know that when I did the (under spring) patches - there were no screws in there. I spoke with Phil (Fastlane) - there is another seal strip that goes in on the sides along with the large windshield rubber seal? I also discovered that the (one side only) of my windshield has a rubber piece that is sticking out from bottom edge of rubber seal - sort of an extra strip - filler? Anyone?