View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Zero

Angry Metal Shavings in oil filter!!!

What the $%$)&%$&*)%^. I just changed the oil today, and I found copper color and silver colored metal shavings in the filter element! The filter was only in there 500 miles! I changed the oil when I got the car but I hadn't run the engine in a while and it was cold when I did it. So I changed it again today thinking it would be a good flush. This is bad I cannot afford $3,500 for a short block. I'm a little angry now I thought these cars were supposed to be good. I can't beleive its that bad because the oil pressure is 1.5-2 bar at idle and at 3 the rest of the time. What should I do? Could it run a while like this? Or should I get an oil test done and see if I can fix it now? There seemed to be a fair number of shavings in the filter. I'm not to happy, I can't beleive this now I have a $1k parts car, I can't sell it knowing this! If I keep it short block time can't be to far away. Even if I fix this the transmission is still leaking and original. Ahhhhh. I'm starting to miss my Toyota at least I could get a low mileage complete engine for that for $900. At least the body's still good and the interior is nice. I'll have to keep telling myself that.
2007 Tiara 3200