View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 10:58 AM

This sure sounds like a catch 22 arrangment to me. As C32 states the pump must come out to do the o-ring.

Funny thing about the warrantee. The only thing you are making more secure with these seals is the trans ability to not leak. I suppose that is a warrantee item. The problem with this is that in this arrangment you have thus released the trans supplier from any warrantee of the seals and increased the likelyhood of a problem because you did the work (any fault in that area becomes your baby). A good tech replacing seals will probably have a good chance of not leaking but the trans as it sits is probably as likely to make it through the warrantee period as the newly resealed one will, maybe more likely. If your reseal works for the warrantee period then you will have a better product but by working on it in this fashion I imagine you will destroy the warrantee on about everything.

That supplier's got a real good scam going with that warrantee.

You may have already done the deed here, but given your choices I would have accepted no warrantee on the seals and left it alone. By taking it apart I can see no way that a warrantee could be given on whether it even works now!
Bosch Master, ASE Master, L1
33 years MB technician