View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 11:20 AM
it leaks, its german

Highly unlikely it would even come close to the desired effect. I see the point however, feel it simply is unfeasable. Take someone like myself, at 6'6" 210 I dont fit in the little crap they want me to drive. So, I drive a MB and a diesel Dodge truck. I fit in them. Its also about safety, in a world of 90 pound women in 8000 pound SUVs full of screaming kids, ringing cell phones and other distractions I refuse to own anything smaller than the Grand Cherokee the wife has. Same reason I quit riding motorcycles.

So, how do you motivate people to commute together? I'm not 100% sure but, I know this, until we figure it out and implement it nothing is really going to change. The backlash from a excessive gas tax would not be pretty. I ride together wife my wife 4 out of 5 days a week, saves us about $100.00 a month inn fuel alone.

I know one thing, the first thing needing done is eliminate the 6500 pound tax break on trucks. Either make it across the board or drop it all together. I know a guy who saved over 20K on a LX, that'll buy a lot of gas for it.

Joe

Joe
Acme Automotive Inc.
Raleigh NC
919-881-0364