View Single Post
Old 02-05-2001, 04:49 PM

Most everyone on this site just wants to help. JCE was making some suggestios how to get the best results from this site.

I try to help where I can, but I too cannot read every post anymore, we are at more than a page per day minimum on Tech Help. I used to read every post every day, I can no longer do that. I am not a pro tech, but I can help in many cases.

My suggestion is:

1. Post with a title as descriptive as possible.
2. Describe your problem with as many meaningful "clues" as you can give. This many times will include some history of the car or the problem.
3. Ensure that you include the year, model and any specifics that may relate to your problem.

Sometimes even with all this information you may not get a reply, at least right away. It could be that the problem stumps everyone, or it could be that it may require some complex tests that a pro tech may hesitate to go into because they have no way of knowing the depth of the posters technical knowledge.

Michael, please don't give up on us yet. We want to help if we can. Give it another try with as much information about the car and problem as you can give. Someone will try to help.

Have a great day,