View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
hermes1

Unhappy Spring Pad Disappointment

Ok, guys...I was reading your posts and have a related question. Ever since I bought my car, I've been irritated by the relatively high distance between the top of the front wheels and the bottom of the front fender in the wheelwell. The rear wheels are just fine. So, after reading related posts, I discovered that when my struts were replaced (by a previous owner) that they had used Bilstein's instead of the Boge OEM's. They also used a non-OEM set of thick pink-colored spring pads. So, I had the spring pads replaced with the stock, OEM product from Mercedes (Size 1). Although lower, the height still seems to be wrong! And the replacement happened about a month ago, so surely by now they pads have settled in place. The distance is probably almost 4 inches between top of the tire and the bottom of the wheelwell. I saw a '92 300D the other day and the distance between the two was more like 2 inches or so. The other oddity is that the right side seems to be lower about 1 inch than the left side when parked. What could be causing all of this? Any idea? If I were to switch to the Boge shocks, would that suffice? Or should I replace the springs? Thanks!