some things to check
Benzman500, this topic has been covered many times and you can get more info by doing a search in the archives.
Just off the top of my head here are a few things to look for.
1. of course since it came from up north I would check it good for rust in areas that could be problematic in the future.
2. have a compression check done.
3. check trunk area good for rust (sign that rear window seal is leaking).
4. Check under floor mats for rust (sign that there are drains plugged and foot areas are fillin' up with water whenever it rains).
5. of course make sure that the power windows work, sunroof (if applicable) is working and it has smooth travel.
the list goes on and on, about things you should check. This website has been invaluable and has taught me so much about what to look for when purchasing a used vehicle. "I wish I knew then what I know now..."
84 500SEL EURO 101K ( JUST LIKE MY 1ST WIFE. GLAD TO GET RID OF HER! )
85 300D 310K (sold)
90 350SDL 184K sold
83 300D 118K (sold)
88 300E 153k (sold)
93 400E 105K (sold)