View Single Post
Old 02-06-2001, 12:13 PM
Happy now in paradise!

dash connected to center console?

Hey Benzie, after you got out all of the bolts from underneath the dash, was there still a screw or something holding the dash to the center console? When I tried to get my dash off, I thought I had everything off but when I pulled on the dash, the center console (with climate control module) was pulling up as well. I couldn't see what was holding it together. I got so frustrated that I ended up putting everything back together as I was cursing the MB cd-rom. I noticed that the procedure in the CD-rom left out some steps and also used some terms I never heard of.

One step told me to remove the instrument switch. I've heard of a instrument cluster and a combination switch but never an instrument switch. They even showed a picture of the combination switch for that step in the procedure. Yet I don't see why I would need to remove the combination switch to remove the dash.?????? Another thing is, they never mentioned anything about the dash being somehow connected to the center console, but as I found out, they ARE somehow screwed or bolted together.

well, enough venting for now.
90 350SDL 184K sold
83 300D 118K (sold)
88 300E 153k (sold)
93 400E 105K (sold)