View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 12:07 PM

Jimmy, Filling the air bleed hole in the "bottom" of the banjo bolt means your Octapus hoses stay in the OEM configuration. You dont fill the top of the bolt. You only fill/block the air bleed path in the bottom of the bolt. AFTER the banjo bolt you "T" your return. In this configuration the banjo bolt just becomes a way to tie the octapus return lines together and feed them into single line. In OEM configuration it does the same thing but it ALSO acts as an bleed for the fuel filter below it.

PE Haiges, Two tank fuel switch valves ( Polick (sp?) values about 60 bucks new) are used often. Other things have to happen to use them though. They alone do not address the discussion hear. On the MB return system (as well as many other diesel engines) "air" and "fuel" is feed into the return line hose on its way to the tank. If you use a "T" or valve to loop this return back into the IP you get air problems.

For those not understanding why to loop in the first place: The returnline fuel helps heat up the thicker vegetable oil and thin it out to the consistency of diesel. This needs to be done or you get incomplete combustion, thus coking of the injectors and ring lands etc.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels

Last edited by coachgeo; 05-09-2004 at 12:12 PM.