View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 03:21 AM

Mystery...202 '96 C36 Oil Leak from wreck!pics

72,000 mile C36....Got in a wreck last month after a Yukon stole my lane and forced me to jump a curb. My car is lowered about 2 inches so it ripped my bumper and did minor frame/suspension dmage to drivers side. It is back to specs according to Foreign Autobody here in Houston. They have an Aston DB7 an F355 and Range Rovers in their to give you an idea of the clientele. My Front seal is leaking a little before the wreck of course but no puddles. Now there is a palm sized puddle left after being driven or even moved around the shop.

Well the body shop says it was doing that before the wreck based on all the oil underneath the car.(duh) I had to explain that the M104 motor is notorious for this and how I 'know' my car since im under it doing my own oil changes etc; There are NO impact marks on the pan or underside whatsoever. Now I know there is a slight possibility that the leak got worse that night right before the wreck but come on! The glove didnt fit OJ's hand - plain and simple! There were NO stains on my garage floor before the wreck - now there is. The car is still at the shop getting finished and I expressed MAJOR concern about it to the shop foreman. He thinks an adjuster will not payout since it is so dirty under the car. Foreman said he would have the car high pressure sprayed and checked to see where the oil is dripping from. I'm thinking the impact might have jarred a hose or line somewhere. Also any one think the existing front seal leak could be made worse by a jarring impact to the curb?? Any ideas anyone on origination of leak like a plastic hose mount or metal line?? BTW - car has 72,000 miles - thats it. Oh yhea, i took my motor skid plate off to make oil changes easier but there are NO impact marks on aluminum pan or cradle. The leak is dripping from what it looks like the Trans back from the engine! It is black 'dirty' oil so I dont think its tranny/ps fluid??

Damage pics - sorry no underside pics yet

I clipped this curb along the weird shorty palm tree....

Last edited by stroked 1/2 dzn; 05-10-2004 at 03:36 AM.