View Single Post
Old 02-07-2001, 02:29 AM
CheFrac is Back!
Everything runs beautifully!

Took my car in for service this morning. And when I got it back, it ran so smooth! Well I just wanted to update everyone as to the result of the problem. They checked spark plugs, they were pretty worn, but not too bad. THey replaced spark plugs with OEM Bosch. I also told them to go ahead and change the fuel filter, because I thought that this MIGHT be part of the problem, and I have no record of when it was changed last. Anyway, they changed the fuel filter (2 hours later... damn thing kept leaking) and said that the old filter was really bad. So spark plugs were changed and new fuel filter was put in. Check engine light was still on, so he ran codes, I believe he got P0130 100 (I could be way off), which was the 2nd O2 sensor. He tried to clear it, but it wouldn't clear. So the rough idle was gone and the car now purred, but still bad O2 sensor (according to Scanner). I told them I would have to deal with that another time because I was already late for a class. As soon as I drove away, Check Engine light turned off and everything is perfect! BTW, I got new tires today, and boy is it nice to be able to floor it from a stop and be making a turn without ANY slippage!
Well on top of my update, I had one question. The rough idle was obviously attributed to the old fuel filter and the not-so-good spark plugs, which in turn, caused a misfire within then engine (registering in cyl. # 2). Problem fixed. Could the rough idle have somehow caused a fualt with the 02 sensor without the sensor actually being bad? Cylinder 2 misfire cleared itself, but o2 sensor did not until short while later. If my o2 sensor is indeed bad, I should expect Check Engine light agian soon, right? And if it's actually good, then I'm just good to go?
I hope I didn't lose anyone on this! WOuld appreciate any help! Thanks guys, you're the best.
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)