View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 AM

Garage door remote

I ordered the garage door remote control (built into the rearview mirror) with my new CLK. I have two doors. Bottom line - one works and the other does not, though both are the same brand and operate at the same frequency (with different codes). Ideas?

So... here are the details:

- I have two remotes, for an outer door into a collective garage, and an inner door into my own garage. Both are Normstahl remotes, operating at 40.685 MHz. This is within the range mentioned in the car owner's manual.

- I have programmed both, following the instructions in the manual. One works, and not the other.

- I have tried reprogramming the mirror button that does not work. As instructed, I hold down the button for about 20 seconds, until it blinks slowly. I then operate the remote control, holding it near the left end of the mirror, while continuing to hold the mirror button down. When the LED on the mirror blinks rapidly, I let go both buttons (mirror and remote). Meanwhile the garage door has been opened by the remote, meaning the remote is working. However, pushing the newly-programmed mirror button has no effect.

The remote does not have any possible adjustment, as far as I can see. The code seems to have been programmed by drilling the circuit board to break certain circuits.

Anyone with ideas or experience solving this?

Momo