View Single Post
Old 02-12-2001, 12:03 AM
Another View. . .

Let's Get On Track...

First of all, this entire thread is misplaced in "Tech Help", and belongs in "PartsShop Feedback", or at least, "General Feedback".

Second of all, I personally find it kind of offensive for "can-do" to be making insistant comments about a website that he has only been a minor part of for about a month or so. I, for one, think that you should try to be respectful and make contributions, and see how everything works here, before trying to offer criticism about the site...

Charles, I think that you need to read this entire thread to see that one of the principals actually posted in response, and also see that you might be ill-advised to make absurdly rude comments like "If you're curious as to how the part site should look, take a visit to the benzbin.com". FYI, they (the Benz Bin) are actually thinking about how they can try to copy this site in terms of having a forum for tech help... and the other comment, "I don't know where they get their parts to sell..." speaks volumes about your entire posting. If you don't know, then find out, or just be quiet... Besides, unless you haven't noticed, Parts 123 only offers links to other sites (like The Benz Bin) when it comes to Mercedes!

So, go ahead and use The Benz Bin for your part numbers, then compare price and quality with this site, as well as MegaParts, or any other website you choose. You know, one of the nice things about the people who operate this website is that they do not censor our comments or prevent anyone from suggesting other sources for parts... Very democratic system, if you ask me!

Stick around, contribute some assistance, and see how this site flows, then make your comments in the appropriate forum! But, please, don't insult the intelligence of the real contributing members who are actually trying to support this site, or the people who created it in the first place!

Sorry about the rant, but this particular "criticism" has just gone totally against my grain...

[Edited by longston on 02-12-2001 at 12:07 AM]

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."