View Single Post
Old 02-12-2001, 02:17 PM
I drive my 1986 300e 90 miles a day. 6 or 7 days a week. I have 94,400 miles on the clock and my exaust system is starting to go out. Since 96% of my daily commute is on the freeway at speeds averaging 75 MPH, my only complaint is the mileage the car gets. I guess any car is going to drink gasoline with that kind of mileage. It's kind of a game to me to keep the consumption as low as possible and see if I can get 25 MPG out of the tank. Mostly I get about 22 MPG. Other than regular maintance, and the fact that I did that head job at 70k, I don't really have any unusual expenses that nickle dime me to death. My biggest problem now is finding the time to maintain the car with my hours what they are... As far as your concern goes, this car has NEVER let me down. Even when the valves got really bad before the head job, and it was only running on 4 cylandars, it still got me and my family where we needed to be. You'll be very happy. Remember the worst thing you can do to a Mercedes is not drive it.
Kyle De Priest
2007 e320 Bluetec