View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Razorback Soccer Dad

Not quite $250...more like $140 per side (the rear assemblies are different from the fronts). Not sure how that translates in Canadian dollars...

My first thought would be dirty console switches, but since it does not operate with either the console or door switch I would think that it probably is something in the assembly.

But check the fuse first...hate to have you rip the door panel off only to find that to be the problem.

The most prevalent problem with these W124 window assemblies is a $2 plastic piece that maintains the jaw angle of the glass track holder as it raises and lowers. When it gives up, it can cause the whole assembly to bugger up and jam. The window motor may not be able to overcome the load, so it just switches off if it senses an unusual current draw.

Generally, the complaint is that you can lower the window but not raise it fully. Otherwise, it may be that the motor has given up too.

You will have to remove the door panel to investigate, but that's my first guess. The good news is that you can get the $2 piece seperately...but you certainly don't have to pay nearly as much as $250 to replace the assembly (which isn't a difficult task, btw)...
2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car