View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 11:00 PM

I also managed to locate various seal kits and gaskets, but I think this compressor is just plain shot. It doesn't leak oil or freon, but it runs very roughly (yes, my mounting bracket is tightly attached). At times, it appears so rough that the belt looks like it might flip off. When the York was working about a month ago, it barely cooled, and loaded down the engine far too much for my tastes. With a full charge of freon, it runs very poorly, so it just has to go.

I think the Sanden is going to work nicely. I just purchased my mounting bracket, and I'm waiting on an auction for a new in box Sanden 510. So if anyone else is thinking about it, HANDS OFF

The other part I'm looking for is a new filter drier, I kind of figured it would be best to do while I'm working on everything else. I know a good nitrogen charge coupled with a day on the vacuum pump would adequately evacuate the system, but I think it would be wise to replace the drier. Is anyone here familiar with the Thermo-king systems that used a filter drier with a sight-glass that is mounted by the battery in the 280SEL's (6 cyl)? If you know where to get a new one that would be equivalent, please let me know. I can take a picture of it in the morning.

Thanks.