View Single Post
Old 02-13-2001, 03:42 AM

I recently received a mail from you that I have replied; never heard anything from you again....did you receive the reply?
Have you read the replying post about the bumper lights?

About this thread:
1) If you put your transmission in 3rd or 2nd gear, the transmission box will hold on the separate gears a bit longer before it shifts to the next gear. It is not a sport mode (we have separate switches for that at our european automatics). The selected gear is as far the car will shift up.

2) I had the same problem with my car and after I had exchanged the shift stalk (steering column switch) the "problem" was gone. I exchanged the shift stalk for a used one out of a damaged car (no need to buy a new shift stalk for a minor problem like that).

3) The wiper relay is a combined relay. It does control the wiper, indicators and rear defroster. If your wiper reacts on the blinker, the relay is not good any more. The part# you wrote down does not have to start with 202; it can start with 000 since it is used for varying models.

4) a part# starting with 000 is normal for electrical parts, sensors, relays etc.

5) The hook up under the hood is to connect to the dealers compu for controlling/resetting the SRS, the climate control, the motor management system, the ABS, etc.
I do not know about the hook up under the dash; I haven't seen that on the european models I have taken apart yet.

6) wire harness....look for something like this:

It will be all over, in and under the car...

1990 300SL-24
1993 C250D
with a minor 600+k kilometer
(the Netherlands)