View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 12:46 PM

ned2683

It seems that the general population is telling you to tell her to take a hike. Very reasonable advice. Now my question is just how old are you and how long was this girl your GF?

I had a girlfriend back in the day when I was like 17 or 18 that we dated for about almost two years. I went on a trip for 2 months and when I came back I found out she was cheating on me. Obviously, the relationship was over. My feelings were that if she wanted to be with someone else, so be it. Got over it. In the end, we were young and really did not want serious relationships and so forth. Young people do stupid things.....

We did not talk to each other for at least 6 months but we had many friends and social life in commen. After the 6 months we began to talk again and the truth be it that we were better friends than GF-BF.

In the end, we became very good friends. Later when in our mid 20īs I talked her through some tough times and vice versa. To this day we exhange emails about once a month. And when I am in her town, we get together for dinner/drinks. My wife, when we first were dating never understood why we still spoke and so forth. But after my wife met her, she understood and they got along very well. (Probably verbally bashing me -though)

Anyway, the decision is yours. The question is whether there is still any romantic feelings between you two. If so, I would say walk away. Now, if you TRUELY VALUE HER FRIENDSHIP, as a true friend that is another story.

My 2 cents worth to further complicate the matter.

Ignacio

2006 - Suzuki Gran Vitara (2.0 L fully equipped) Like this car so far except for trying to put on the seatbelt.
1988 - 190e - 2.3L - 172K miles (It now belongs to the exwife)
1999 - Chevy Blazer LS Fully Equiped - killed it June 2006
2001 - Honda Civic EX - 68K miles (sold June 2004)
1963 - 220S - Dual Carb 6 cyl. (sold)
1994 - Yamaha WaveRaider (fun to ride)