View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 05:18 PM

FROM Flash123!

I am in Riverside CA., the real sunny California. But I want to be able to drive the car anywhere.

I don't want a tank of hot oil in the trunk. I don't believe I need to unless the weather gets fairly cold. Well, for me cold is low 70's. So a heat exchanger could have a valve that I could open and preheat the tank if I need to. For now, I shouldn't need to. Is there any reason to keep the oil in the trunk above 80 d f. or so? I can run a line large enough to keep room temp weevo flowing easy enough.

For now I need to re-read the sources listed, and invest in a $6 thermometer from Harbor Freight, and put it in the lowest part of the radiator I can reach. So I can see what the operating temp really is.

Ideal temp can be achieved, but what is it?

Has anybody heard of, or thought about an auto purge system? Something that would dump the WVO in the IP and pump dino-juice if the car was shut down long enough. OK way ahead of what I need to deal with right now. It's just that I could see someone driving home on a cold night and forgetting to purge the WVO before shutting the car off.

And the glo plug idea? It may work OK but glow plugs are designed for short term use. I would hesitate to power one up and leave it on indefinatly. Light bulbs, on the other hand are ment to stay on a long time.
81 300TD temp disabled cooling problem
82 300SD sweet