View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
California Dreaming

Quote:
Originally posted by cc260E
MrCjames,
do you think that a faulty check valve on one of the two pumps can give the same failure ( like lack of fuel) ?
I do not believe it would, the check valve is designed to retain pressure in the system when the pump(s) is/are electrically off. Should one of the pumps be faulty there is a noticeable hesitation during hard acceleration but if you ease into the throttle the vehicle seems to be acceptable. (Primary Symptom)

In one of my previous posts I mentioned removing the fuel hose and monitoring the rate of flow from the tank, it should remain continuous until the tank is completely drained. Should it flow for a minute or so and begins to trickle, plug the line for roughly 5 minutes. Remove the plug, fuel begins to flow heavily but shortly afterward it begins to trickle again. Repeat this process one more time to confirm the condition.

Condition(s) & Primary Symptom: Fuel level @ ¼ tank-approximately, vehicle runs for a short time then dies. Vehicle stands for several minutes and starts up after lengthy cranking time. Drive for a short distance and it dies again.

Test(s): Monitor fuel pressure, slowly drops until vehicle stalls. Let stand roughly 5 minutes. Crank engine & fuel pressure returns, engine starts. Drive for a short time & fuel pressure drops, vehicle stalls again!