View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyFromWestOz
The power antenna was controlled by the Becker radio on my W123 300D.

If the Rear window demister is inoperative you could use that switch, but I still vote for the kickdown switch. It would be effectively a "seamless" integration with the vehicle, giving power boost only when you need it.
IMHO the kick down for the tranny may not be the right place. I dont think you want the tranny kicking down at the same time new oummph of LP is sent to the engine. I would think you want the boost to occure minutely BEFORE the tranny kick down. That's just a poorly educated guess though.

My 300D has a seperate antena swithc. My antena actually works too. Well sorta. It comes 1/2 way down. Not sure if it is suppose to come all the way down.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels