View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:28 PM

Hatterasguy: You've never been in my Fairlane. Ok, so it's a work in process, but there are reasons why it's back on the road and my Dad's 123 isn't yet. Actually, I think Toyota could learn something from Ford. Not Ford of today, but Ford of 35 years ago, just before they forgot how to build a car that it was not only possible to keep going forever, but that had styling that made it more than worth doing. That's also partly why I would like to see my brother keep the Dodge, it's been dead-reliable (at over 140K), and it's close to the golden age of automobiles, just before Chrysler went into a tailspin.
But I digress.
I've suggested a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis, but he didn't seem interested. I don't think I could sell him on a GM front-driver either. I think either of those suggestions would be great, but I think he's too used to hearing that Japanese cars can't be equaled in reliability, and then he's said he wants something different. If I find a T-bird that looks good I'll probably try and push it, other than that it's probably just going to be whatever comes up that he likes. I know there are some really good cars out there that don't carry the inflated price premium of the Japanese cars, but I'm not calling the shots on this one.
'78 300D w/approx 350,000 original, '62 Ford F100 4x4, '90 Ford E150 w/171,000 original