View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 10:45 AM

I like them, I think they are a good idea and a proven (as long as you believe the data) to be safer. I believe it.

On older cars it's a good idea to also run headlights on during the day. But everything I have now is DRL, except the Sprite, and not much of a chance of that thing seeing the road anytime soon.

Diesel Power, I drive bus (both school bus and motorcoach) and run headlights-on during the day and have no problem "talking to the truckers with my lights", usually of course just a flash to "come on over, bigtruck" when passing, and lots of them do the same for me, which results in a couple flashes from the hazards to say "thanks". Not sure if the semi's are getting into DRL's or not, there are those new slick-looking Volvo's I think to have them, but still seem to be able to "flash brights" during the day if they want to. At night of course everyone has headlights on anyways, so DRL's don't really matter, and this is when the extra communication really helps, during the day it's mainly just a courtesy, unless you got yourself into a tight spot.

Quote:
Other drivers can still see me with the foglights as well.
Ummm, what about from BEHIND??!! No headlights, no taillights, and if you have rear foglights like lot's of MB's have, they work only when the taillights are also on, at least on the newer ones.

Gilly