View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 04:30 PM
K5ING

I appreciate all of the advice. Based on that, and advice from my VW TDI friends who think I'm absolutely nuts for getting rid of my Golf for a MB, I'll probably pass on the car. I'll be glad to give the number of the owner to anyone who might still be interested in it.

One of my concerns is that there are only two MB dealers in the Dallas area, and both are over 60 miles from me. Since the car doesn't have current regristration, it would be hard to get it to them to look at. There may be some indys a little closer, but judging from experiences I've had at VW indys, it would be a crapshoot at best.

My Golf TDI is in perfect shape right now, even with all of the miles on it, and it's a "known factor", as opposed to the 300CD which may have a hundred little things wrong with it. I do know, however, that I wouldn't even be considering it if it wasn't a coupe. And a turbo *would* be nice.

Thanks again. If anyone is interested in talking to the owner, his number is 940-206-7290 and he lives about 40 miles due north of Fort Worth, Texas as the crow flies. As I said, the body, glass, and interior are excellent. Would make a good car at $2000 for someone wanting to spend a little time and tlc with it. I was going to get some pictures today, but he moved the car back to his house, and I didn't want to disturb his family on Memorial Day. I may talk to him in the next couple of days, and if he agrees, I'll post some pictures on here.

Regards,
Jeff in Texas