Thread: new mb's
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2001, 09:24 PM

This is my first post on the site, and wouldn't you know I hit a subject I am currently keyed into. My 1983 300TD went 345K before being destroyed by a drunk driver (the car was parked!) My 1991 300E was built like a vault, and spoiled me when I took delivery of my 1995 400E. The 400 had plastic parts everywhere, fit and finish were lacking, the rear doors never shut correctly, and if it were not for a tornado ending its brief life in 1997 I would have probably unloaded it. Thinking I was ready for the pinnacle of MBZ, I purchased a 1997 SL500 with a panoramic top - gorgeous car! But once again the plastic was everywhere, my friends 1993 SL was perfect while mine looked cheap, and when it devloped a no start problem that MB refused to cure, I sold it at a loss. I am now back in the market, and without a doubt, will purchase the car of my dreams - a 500E. The new ones are nice, but I want a lasting value that is a joy to drive everyday and that I can reliably count on to start and look new in 200k miles.

Sorry for running on.