View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 06:09 PM
This space for sale

I can't believe you guys believe the "because they want the whole damned place" excuse. Thats what the TERRORISTS believe in.. the PEOPLE want to live in a DECENT STRESS FREE environment... but they get bombarded by tank shells, raided at night and in the middle of all this chaos... have children killed in the process. The Israeli army doesn't even appologize when such an incident occurs... they simply say it was "unfortunate".

how about this.. give them rights, give them a place to live.. treat them like human beings instead of wild caged animals. Its sad to see old Palestinian women that have documents stating ownershop of their land and homes get their houses destroyed and taken over by newly immigrated jews. A couple weeks ago I read that something like 10,000 palestinians became homeless after their homes were torn down by bulldozers. These are 10000 people that now have nothing and now full of even more hate... and these incidents brew up more trouble.

If you only get your info from the US media, then I would understand why people have that sort of viewpoints. Take a look at how they live from a neutral news source, even European sources and you will see what they're going through. Recently an elderly jewish man spoke at a conference somewhere in Jerusalem where he compared the treatment of an elderly palestinian woman to that of how the Nazi's did to his mother. When he said that, it caused all sorts of uproar and was told to step down from the podium.

Even Israeli citizens in Israel itself get their asses kicked, shot and beaten for protesting against treatments of palestinian people. This sort of coverage never airs in the US media.

My point is that people need to seriously open up their eyes and know whats really going on. Nothing is written in black and white... and nothing is really all that simple, especially when it comes to foreign policy. To persecute a whole group of people because of a terrorist group is just an excuse used by the Israeli right wing gov't to tear down even more palestinian homes and take their land to make homes for new jewish immigrants. If the Israeli gov't is really interested in making peace... it would first treat the palestinians as neighbor and human beings, give them rights, let kids walk to school without being shot at. When those people are treated with dignity, then that would destroy the foundation of the terrorist groups where they feed off the anger and sufferings the people are going through. In my book.. this whole conflict is essentially a war fought between two terrorist groups, the Israeli govt' and the Palestinian authorities, with innocent palestinians and israeli citizens finding themselves in between the chaos.