View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 08:06 PM

Lightbulb

Here is another point to ponder: Do you think that the ol' computer got some bad information from whatever source (static, rfi, emi, etc), and thought something was wrong with one of the ASR inputs? Here's why I ask. Over the past month or so I have been noticing weird, unrelated failures with things that were working fine previously: The vacuum self-closers on the doors and trunk, 4 of the 13 speakers, the ir locking/unlocking, and drivers seat memory, to name four, and now the mysterious ASR problem out of the blue. Also, the car had not been started for about 2 weeks prior to yesterday. I got the bright idea to simply "reboot" the car last evening like it was a 2 1/2 ton computer. I disconnected the battery for like a half hour to give any capacitors time to discharge, then reconnected, did the radio code and damned if now everything I had mentioned above was suddenly just fine. I took it for a 25 mile test drive today with stop and go and 70mph driving and no ASR light! I know it's way too early to tell, but I'm going to drive it all week and see what happens...I'll post the result, good or bad! Wish me luck.
1986 300E 216k miles <---sold