View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 08:59 AM

Just as an aside, remember the actual "CFM" of air isn't what you are changing with a CAI. The CFM is pretty limited by the displacement of the engine and engine RPM, it can only suck just so many cubes. What you are changing is the MASS, assuming you truly are getting colder air. But I maintain you are too limited by ambient temps (temperature the air happens to be that day) for a CAI to do much good, unless the manufacturer really bumbled and the intake charge is really heating up alot before getting into the engine. And besides that, how much is the air gonna get heated up before hitting the innards of the engine? ALOT, that engine is HOT baby! Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the air is running through there so fast that it doesn't heat up that much.
But as far as the MAS not being able to "handle" the CAI, just remember about the temperature of the air if you were to drive your truck say an a -10F day up here in Wisconsin. You wouldn't expect a check engine light if you did that, would you? And here you are affecting the temperature very very slightly if at all. It can handle CAI, I'm from Wisconsin, you can believe the ML can handle sucking in cold air!

Gilly