View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 03:50 PM

I have one simple rule (well more than one, but that's another story) when it comes to girls. She don't like the Fairlane, aint much chance she really likes me. Right now, with the bodywork and paint still waiting, that thins things out pretty good. Still, you're always going to have a crowd of woman who've been brainwashed into thinking if it's over a certain age it can't be reliable/comfortable/safe/driveable. Actually, I'm kind of proud to say that very few women would be able to drive my car with ease. Manual steering, brakes, three speed colomn shift (that part stops a lot of people cold, "How the heck can you drive this?"), and a heavy clutch. I could try to explain that having a torquey V8 makes it easier to drive around town, but I don't think I'd get anywhere. It doesn't look like much right now, but I gave a friend a ride on the back roads, and the first thing he said was "You have one awesome car!" A few people get our obsessions, many will never understand.
'78 300D w/approx 350,000 original, '62 Ford F100 4x4, '90 Ford E150 w/171,000 original

Last edited by MT_Merc; 06-08-2004 at 03:57 PM.