View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 06:46 PM

We used to have a '92 Camry w/ V6 and it was FWD. It was problematic after we had it for a few years. Initially quality was xlnt but as the years went by a lot of the plastic became brittle and things started breaking left and right. The engine always had a lot of valve noise and we had it in to the dealers on many occasions to have it fixed but they always said it was normal. So when the warranty ran out I decided to take it in for the heck of it to see what they would say and first they wouldn't even look at it without paying a diagnostic and troubleshooting charge but just by listening to it the service writer said it probably needed new valve guides or new heads, I don't remember which. I then said we had it in for the same problem several times earlier while under warranty and nothing was wrong. The guy said there's no way to be for certain unless I was to pay to have it looked at. There were other things that went wrong after that. So we lived with it until we got rid of it. Only had 67K miles and it was a POS.
No more Toys for us ever again!

I did have a Datsun diesel pick-up several years ago and it was great! I loved the deep throaty sound that engine made even though it was only a 2.2L and put out about 63HP and it did have a 5-speed. I only sold it because gas was cheap then and I wanted something with lots more power. My dad owns it now and still drives it.

84 300D Turbodiesel 190K with 4 speed manual sold in 03/2012