View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 AM

There is no doubt in my mind about his technical qualifications. He routinely gets flown to dealerships throughout S. America and Haiti to train their mechanics.

I just think he's putting my car off becauseL

A) He has to give me the IP free casue he broke the original one.

B) This will be the 3rd time removing and replacing it which I am sure must be a pain in the ass to have to do for free, so he's waiting for one of those really slow weeks when theirs nothing to do.

If he were to personally do the job, I believe it would be done right. Problem is, he has his flunky do it and I believe there is a huge drop off from one to the other.

Case in point:

I brought it to him for what clearly was an engine shock vibration. The flunky changed the tensioner intsead, and the noise continued. I returned the next day and said "hey they noise is still there". The flunky told the owner thast the vibration was the bearing in the ac compressor.

I pointed out that the vibration was present with the ac on or off and got a pry bar to put some sideways pressure on the front engine shock and the noise disappeared, revealing a worn shcok.

Well the owner was furious and fixed the shock for free.

Nuff said. Will go by soon.

Thanks