View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Stressed Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ayalar007
Now, one area that might be of concern to you and that is a problem on these W126 is the climate control module in the dash. They seem to crap out. My suggestion is, when you get there see if the compressor turns when you engage the A/C. If the A/C engages and runs, then you know there are no leaks in the system and its just the A/C control module. But! This is not an inexpensive part...you might be looking at about $200.00.
Thanks for the tips. I've spoken with the seller once since I posted, and asked him if he's had the AC diagnosed. He said that he hadn't, and claimed that the compressor ran, but still no AC.

I'm not pinning my hopes on it, but personally, I'd love it if the AC could be fixed with a replacement control module. By my lights, anything in the AC that can be fixed without opening the refrigerant system is good, and I'd consider ~$200 to be pretty tame for a real "repair". AC can just get real expensive real fast.

For the price, I agree, worry first about engine, drivetrain, etc., and engage the AC issue if and when those are clear.

-- eskimo