View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Banned

I'm in the computer business and I deal with a lot of different brands. Dell is the best hands down. Go to their web site, select Home Computer, or just call them on the phone and someone will help you. They have been running specials on entire digital camera bundle setups that include everything including the camera, and the printer and all the software you need, and tech support to help figure it all out is included. It's ten times easier to buy a bundle like this than it is to buy each piece and try to hook it up yourself if your not into computers. Dell will do all that for you at the factory. Gateway has simliar deals, but their are reasons to worry about whether they are going to stay in business. HP also has deals like this, but they don't measure up to Dell in the technology and service dept if you ask me.

Stick with the computers that use Pentium 4 (not Celeron or AMD) processors running at at least 2.8 gigahertz, the more the better. Make sure it has 512 RAM memory and a 40 to 80 gig hard drive, bigger the better. Make sure you get one with the Microsoft XP PRO, not HOME edition operating system. Order it with Microsoft Office PROFESSIONAL (not Standard or Small Business) edition pre-installed. When it arrives, you should be able to pretty much just plug it in and it will be totally set up except for a few registration screens where you just fill in address stuff. Go take some pictures, then follow the instructions on how to hook the camera up to the computer - it usually just plugs into a socket in the front. When you plug it in, it should automatically pull the pictures in for you without you having to do much of anything. You can then use the Picture Manager software in Office to crop and resize the photos, and print them with the printer that ships with the digital bundle.