View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 03:39 PM

I am gainfully employed. Oh yes, there are jobs around for those who want jobs: just not the type of jobs that one seeks out looking for. Even the most highly qualified people have a tough time finding appropriate jobs in their fields of specialization, at their level of professional experience and educational qualifications, at the salaries they desire, etc. The industry I work in is infamous of spitting out 30K to 50K positions a year. And I don't mean just temporary lay offs either: the positions just disappear either through restructuring, downsizing or mergers. I have friends who have been unemployed for 2-1/2 years. Good people; hard workers; 25 years of experience; several kids in college. Thankfully they have enough accumulated wealth that it does not affect their lifestyles. Think of those who are a whole lot less fortunate. So, for the most part, for one to claim that the unemployed are just lazy is just plain disingenuous. Of course, this is not targetted at MedMech and I am speaking in generalities.

Last edited by IanMB; 06-10-2004 at 03:44 PM.