Thread: biodiesel
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 01:20 PM

no mention of acrolein

Here is another study and again no mention of acrolein.

here is one of the educated comments on acrolein posted at the General SVO board (linked previously)

Quote:
by HCR: Incomplete combustion of glycerine does produce acrolein; that is a fact. I have no idea what quantities are produced by burning tri-, di- and mono-glycerides though. Remember that there is no significant free glycerine in svo.

Acrolein is a nasty chemical, too. It does nasty things to people. The studies I have read did not mention it as a factor to consider in the tailpipe emissions from svo, so I can't really comment further at this stage.
Tom so far it sounds like your acrolein concerns are somewhat overstated. I'm happy cause one of the reasons Im diving into this field is environmental concerns.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels

Last edited by coachgeo; 06-13-2004 at 01:34 PM.