View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Now Y2K Compliant

Quote:
Originally posted by DieselAddict
Some people are just idiots. OK, I could forgive a teenage girl for not knowing about glow plugs, but not a car delivery truck driver. I watched him trying to start my 87 300D while unloading the car without heating up the glow plugs. His excuse was that the glow light didn't come on. I told the idiot that he still needed to let the plugs do their job. I can't imagine how much abuse my cars suffered before they arrived in my loving hands.
It's half a year later, but I want to tell you about an experience I had. I called to inquire about a 84 300D that was in supposedly immaculate condition for sale. So, I called the owner, and told him I would be there later that day. I called him later to ask for directions on how to get there. He told me he had just sold it to an ex-GM executive, but he was selling his mother's one owner 300SD that was in good condition, and needed a little work. I went to see it, and I was not impressed, it needed new paint, and new interior, and it was missing a door lock knob! I wanted to start it up anyway just to see how it ran. I got in and turned the key to the pre glow position. The man who was selling it told me, never mind that, it'll start right up anyway. I'm kinda glad that 300D was sold before I got there. He probably hurt that engine if he started the same way he started that 300SD!
-Joe

Sooner or later every car falls apart, ours does it later!
-German Narrator in a MB Promotion Film about the then brand new W123.