View Single Post
Old 02-18-2001, 07:31 PM
CheFrac is Back!

Well I have no idea if the head gasket has ever been replaced by the previous owner; I have no maintenance records! But I am going to the Kia dealership (I feel sorry for whoever had to trade in the benz for a Kia!) tomorrow to clear some things up and pick up the maintenance records (which the originally promised me). The number one reason that I'm going to Kia is because I called my warranty place, Wynns, and they said they had never heard of me. So something fishy is going on. My warranty is up in 50 miles, and I'm going to get that $959 back because they never sent my info to the warranty place. I called on this about 3 months ago because I still had not received a warranty kit (supposed to take 7 days and it had so far taken 3 months). They said they would clear it up (dealership and wynns), so I never thought of it again until I called and they STILL have not heard of me. So I am going to get that money back, and if I can't, I'll tell my dad who will do it. But I am pretty good with these kinds of things, so we'll see how this goes. Goes to show you what Kia is all about, what a peice of crap. I'll keep you all posted.
AND BTW, if the head gasket is in fact bad and does need to be replaced anytime, that thousand bucks from the warranty should cover the majority of and not be a problem, so it'll work out either way I guess. I'll inspect with the latex gloves when my car cools down!!

Previous:
1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)