View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 123c
That's a good one

Here's another funny one: Most people who mod their Subaru's hate it when people call them ricers
Hey now. I resemble that remark. My wife's slightly modified 1997 Impreza is anything but a ricer. It has stock mechanicals, which, IMHO, are as reliable and durable as any gas-powered Mercedes. It has a Prodrive suspension kit (Bilstein struts with Eibach springs), a stiffer rear sway bar, a rigid sway bar link at each corner, 16" WRX wheels with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position summer tires, and 15" steel wheels with all-seasons for the winter months. Prodrive is the same company that builds the factory WRC rally cars. Their street suspension kits have a reputation for being very well sorted. I got the suspension kit for handling, but it also lowered the car about an inch. I have to admit, the slight lowering gives the car a cool look. I have yet to have any ground clearance problems. The car is a blast to drive in all conditions, and it is a total beast on dirt roads. Turn it into a corner, juice it, and it slides through pretty as you please. For all-out handling on dry pavement, I would probably prefer a RWD car, but I make no apologies for the Subie. Excellent, unique design. Reliability second only to Toyota.