View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 09:48 PM
volosong

Coupes are for married guys too!

Quote:
Originally posted by suginami
For a single guy, I actually think the coupes are nicer cars than the sedans.
Now, wait a minute there . . .

Us married guys can enjoy the coupes too!

My only child is out of the house now, married to a fine fellow, and there is just me and the wife. For hauling around family, we can use my wife's Avalon. For just me . . . it is the coupe.

- - - - -

I have the same color combination as this one for sale. Just for comparison, I purchased mine in December 2002 for $10,300. It had 74K miles at the time and is a '89 model. I figured that I paid a few hundred more than the going rate, but since it was from the original owner and he had all important maintainance records, I felt it was a safe purchase. Did get him to purchase a headlight lens prior to handover. That was $100, so I really paid 10.2K.

Shortly after purchase, the 75k service was due, and since then, just normal stuff. It really pays to get one with a full service history. Things will still need to be replaced, but you can rest knowing that an effort has been made to maintain the thing.

Other than routine maintainence, what has been done (mechanically) to my car is the valve guide seals, EHA block, gaskets to fix oil leaks, and flex disk. All other costs have been routine preventative maintance "by the book" or non-essential mods (suspension, wheels, radio, etc.)