View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 06:25 PM
resqguy

Quote:
What we should be doing is treating the people of these countries with respect and fairness, while at the same time designing our military forces so they can act against the more radical elements when needed. Instead of wars of occupation, we should simply define a provable threat and use our armies to totally smash the threat, and then get the hell out. If it is a situation that requires occupation, it should only be done through the United Nations, so the world, not the Americans, is seen as the occupying power in the eyes of those being occupied. Iraq was not a provable threat, and the UN did not feel compelled to act against them at the time, so they should have been left alone. Afganistan, on the other hand was a provable threat, and we acted correctly. In fact, if Bush had simply sent the army into Bagdad, smashed Hussein and walked out, I doubt if by now anyone would care. Its the fascist style disinformation, the endless-1984-war-is-peace arguments and the Hitler-style invasion and occupation that has made this a disaster.
Why should we respect and be fair to these people? After the beheading of Paul Johnson I would take 5 - 10 Al Qaeda prisoners and hang them in the public square in downtown Baghdad. We would be fair by giving them a speedy trial before the execution. If any more American civilians are killed I would repeat the hangings, but increase the number until they get the message.

The problem is that they don't respect us.

There is plenty of evidence between Iraq under Sadaam and Al Qaeda. We have records of financial transactions between them. The media disinformation machine will not tell you that. They are too busy with their agenda.

The UN is full of currupt dictators that continued to do business with Iraq after the restrictions were put on them.

Although was is not peace, lasting peace has followed most wars.