View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 09:10 PM

rubber parts: pingpong between glass shop, MB parts, body shop

I wanted to replace rubber for left water deflector, and rubber around upper left part of back glass (MB service CD calles it rubber lip).

The first body shop said that the work should be done by glass shop but they orderd parts, but the parts price was suspicios. I showed my car to the glass shop. The glass shop wanted to make sure the water deflector already has rubber attaced. I called the body shop and also had glass shop technician call the body shop directly. The body shop consistently said "I do not know".

I told the body to cancel the parts order.

I then showed my car to MB parts.

Today morning, I found the water deflector has no rubber though the parts guy said the rubber come with the deflector. And the rubber around back glass did not look the same as the rubber I want to replace.

I went to MB dealer operated body shop. They said the rubber part is incorrect. They said they do not do that job. They said it is glass company's job.

I went back to MB dealer.
They said the part is correct. They had a technician look at my car. He also said the rubber part is correct.
The parts department said the glass shop should know exactly what parts are needed.
The glass shop said the part department sould know exactly what parts are needed.

I showed my car and the rubber part to another glass shop. They said the rubber part is definitely wrong.

I went to a different MB dealer and ordered some parts. The parts person himself is not sure whether the parts are truly correct for my need.