View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Zen And The Art Of Diesel

Question Odd and end questions..

Is it just me or is there a HECK of a lot of heat being radiated up from the floor and trans tunnel area on my w123? Maybe I've been in FWD's for too long, but jeez. On a perfectly cool night, sunroof and windows open, my lower body and legs are still sweltering, feels like I have a seat heater. ?

Oil filter shaft o-rings. Replaced them with the size listed on fastlane a few weeks ago. Now, it *could* be the higher ambient temp, but I tend to not think so, but it now takes about 200-300 more RPM to peg the oil pressure gauge than it used to. For as long as I've had it, 1000rpm would just peg the gauge, clockwork, it was one of the way's in which I re-set the needle when I replace my gauge, that and it's rest position. It seems to have changed about when I swaped those o-rings. Been several oil changes and many miles, still pegs at about 1300rpm hot, absolute lowest, running hard in hot weather pressure is 1.5 BAR, usually more like 1.75. I'm really not worried, just curious. ?

Rear headliner, sunroof open makes is bow down pretty noticably.
Anyone else notice this? Show's no sign of falling, sucks back up fine with sunroof closed. Looking at the placement of the roof bow's I'm not surprised it does this, and I dislike it.

My rear end still puzzles me, jack it up, rotate one tire, they both rotate that direction, like a limited slip rear, which I should not have. Rear has not been replaced or opened that I can tell. I can't think of a failure mode that would do this without some other signs. Fluid is fine, changed to mobil syn a few weeks ago, old fluid was at proper level and looked just fine. Strange. ?

There are a few others, but that'll do for now..