View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Diesel Power
I've sold two cars. Yes, you'll get lots of emails. Both buyers paid their amounts due without hesitation. I don't agree with turning in ebayers for off auction offers. If the price is where you want it to be, isn't it the goal to sell the car, and ebay the method of advertising? The only time I'll refuse to end an auction early, is if there are bids on the car already. I recommend requiring a non refundable deposit at auction end. This way, if the buyer backs out after paying the deposit, you still get someting for the time invested in posting, and managing the auction.

Use LOTS of pictures, and be very descriptive of your vehicle. Understandably, people can be particularly upset if they find the car to be less than expected.
I bought a car making an off-auction offer. Sometimes your helping a guy whose desperate for money out. Mine was a deal like that - I got a good price and he got money he needed badly, so we were both happy. The best thing about an off-auction offer is you are dealing with a motivated buyer whose usually got the money. Sometimes, the bird in the proverbial hand, etc