View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 09:37 PM
Service Advisor

Thank yo for the response. I understand exactly what you meant.

The car is now at my independent mechanic who is going to fix the problem and it wont cost anywhere close to what the dealer wanted.

My independent looked at the car, agreed that it was the main sel and front pump. and he will be fixing it.

He checked the rest of the tranny and he said it was fine other than the main seal and pump.

Hopefully my dad will take my advice next time and just take it to the independent.

The same dealer that told him he needed a new tranny, is the same dealer that told us we needed a new tranny in our old 87 560SEL which had 75k on it, when all it had was a small leak that was easily fixed by our independent. And the same independent who fixed that car is now fixing my dad's car.

So anyway, thank you everyone for the responses. The opinions in here helped me convince my dad to take it to the independent and to stop messing around with the dealership.

Thank you all, you have helped me convince my sometimes thick headed father that the dealership is not necessarily better than a good independent shop.

Keep up the good work Everyone!
'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.